mailing list archives
NYC update, etc
From: Adam Rothschild <asr () latency net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:24:05 -0400
Please excuse the operational nature of this posting, but there are a
few news items I'd like to share. This message is void of political
arguments and wild, unwarranted speculation, and as such, some of you
might find it uninteresting.
- Genuity has opened a SEV 0 ("multiple sites down"; see NOC tour
video for explanation of varying severity levels) ticket for NYC.
For more info:
finger ticket-1222256 () tickets bbnplanet com
- 111 8th Avenue and 60 Hudson Street are operating normally on
utility power. Both of these locations are mostly unmanned, and
obtaining physical access may be tough.
- 25 Broadway, NYC (Telehouse) is without utility power, and has been
running off generator since around 4pm yesterday. They expect their
current fuel supply to last 20+ hours. Additional fuel has been
secured, though transporting it into the city might be difficult.
There are techs currently on site.
- Unconfirmed rumors of 34 Exchange Place in Jersey City, NJ (home to
numerous important financial co's and Exodus) being evacuated.
- Reports indicate that there were power/HVAC issues at 32 Old Slip,
NYC, now resolved. Multiple dialup providers are reporting that all
their PRI's are down.
- There have been talks of evacuating 300 Boulevard East in Weehawken,
NJ (Level3, EXDS, etc), but I'm not sure if any action's been taken.
- I took some digital photos on the Jersey City waterfront, in hopes
of giving folks a better idea of what's going on. They're viewable
I'll try to update this directory tree periodically. If you're
interested in mirroring it, drop me a line off-list.
- Mitch Halmu <mitch () netside net> and <measl () mfn org> remain
subscribed to this list, despite posts made that are not only in
violation of this list's charter, but are outright sickening.
- NYC update, etc Adam Rothschild (Sep 12)