Home page logo

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: OT Re: Analysis from a JHU CS Prof
From: Christian Kuhtz <christian () kuhtz com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:40:50 -0400

Eliot Lear wrote:

OK.  You need photo-id to get your boarding pass.  Since I always use
e-tickets, the boarding pass is the only "paper" involved.

Under normal circumstances for flights within the US the FAA seems not
to require ANY form of ID.  It's many of the *airlines* that require ID,
supposedly in the name of security, but mainly to keep people from using
other people's tickets.  Continental does not enforce an ID requirement
at SFO, for instance.  You stick your credit or frequent flyer card in
the machine and it spits out your boarding pass, which you then hand to
the gate agent.

Even if you did require photo ID for the boarding pass.. I can't recall a
flight in last several years where I was asked to present photo ID and
boarding pass when entering the jet way.

  By Date           By Thread  

Current thread:
[ Nmap | Sec Tools | Mailing Lists | Site News | About/Contact | Advertising | Privacy ]