Home page logo

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: OT Re: Analysis from a JHU CS Prof
From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck Nether net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:32:23 -0400

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 02:54:17PM -0700, Eliot Lear wrote:

OK.  You need photo-id to get your boarding pass.  Since I always use
e-tickets, the boarding pass is the only "paper" involved.

Under normal circumstances for flights within the US the FAA seems not
to require ANY form of ID.  It's many of the *airlines* that require ID,
supposedly in the name of security, but mainly to keep people from using
other people's tickets.  Continental does not enforce an ID requirement
at SFO, for instance.  You stick your credit or frequent flyer card in
the machine and it spits out your boarding pass, which you then hand to
the gate agent.

        some airlines allow you to check-in for flights at home
(as well as using these e-machines).  It will be interesting to
see if they are unable to use these machines and services due
to (new) FAA requirements.

        - Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared () puck nether net
clue++;      | http://puck.nether.net/~jared/  My statements are only mine.

  By Date           By Thread  

Current thread:
[ Nmap | Sec Tools | Mailing Lists | Site News | About/Contact | Advertising | Privacy ]