Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: World Trade Center attack
From: hardie () equinix com
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:03:06 -0700 (PDT)

Note as well that Moffett closed as a military base in 1994.

http://www.arc.nasa.gov/about_ames/moffett.html

notes that it now has the status of "Federal Airfield"
and is operated by NASA Ames.  It would not be a great
surprise to find NASA at a ThreatCon different from that
of active military bases.

Operational Content:  The Ames side of MAE-West will now
be under more restricted access.  Discuss with your local
contacts at Ames (Bobby Cates and his team) what procedures
you need to follow if you need access to gear there.

                        regards,
                                Ted Hardie

Disclaimer:  I was once a contractor at NASA Ames, but they
didn't let me speak for NASA even when I worked there.

Well, just goes to show (again) the news isn't always right ;-)

-Alex