Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: More CNN reports...
From: Alex Rubenstein <alex () nac net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:15:18 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, David Charlap wrote:

Roeland Meyer wrote:

I'm impressed. From all of the reports, the appearance is that
they've managed to empty most of the building in less than 10
minutes.

According to:
      http://www.foxnews.com/images/36149/1_22_wtc_layout.jpg

There was 18 minutes between the first crash and the second.  People in
the second tower who began evacuation as soon as they saw the first
crash had enough time to get out (or at least below the level of the
fire from the second crash), if they moved quickly.

Actually, when the first plane hit 1WTC (south), within 3 minutes there
was a PA announcement over the loudspeakers of 2WTC (north). The statement
was, more or less, 'there was an incident in 1WTC, and everything is fine
at 2WTC; you may return to your offices'. How do I know this? I heard it
over the phone when I called someone in 2WTC after the 1WTC incident.

The good news is that most people ignored the PANYNJ and evacuated the
building anyway.

  By Date           By Thread