Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: Don't blame Intelligence or Security Agencies.....
From: John Fraizer <nanog () Overkill EnterZone Net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:08:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Hire, Ejay wrote:

I cannot begin to express how happy I am that the terrorists did not elect
to carry-on a briefcase full of Anthrax or Botulinum Toxin.  This would have
easily magnified the effects of the disaster exponentially.

Thought for the day:
Botulinum Toxin is a bio-chemical weapon so powerful that 1 pound (properly
distributed) would easily obliterate the eastern Seaboard.  Manufacturing
this "Mega-Weapon" is only slightly more complex than making liquor.

-eh

Bio-chemical weapons have not been seen very often because of the
complex delivery systems required for effective use.  A briefcase full of
nearly ANYTHING non-explosive would have a hard time surviving.  Believe
it or not, Anthrax doesn't deal well with huge fireballs.

With that said, I'm also very glad that bio-chem was not deployed.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc

  By Date           By Thread