Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: bgp route-map
From: "Michel Py" <michel () arneill-py sacramento ca us>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:40:51 -0700

Haesu C. wrote:
However: On prefixes being announced to me INBOUND, is there a
feature to set in route-map so that it checks whether the
advertised prefix is already existing in local RIB?

If I understand correctly, what you want is the same as conditional advertisements:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/tk80/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094309.shtml
except that it needs to be applied to received routes instead of advertised routes.

In other words, it's not enough for you to dump the bogon traffic in a blackhole; you also want to dump bogonish routes
received from your peers before they even get to your RIB.

If I understood it right, a naïve look at it would be that since the function already exists in the other direction it
should not be too big of a deal to do it the other way, but I'm not the one compiling IOS.

Michel.

  By Date           By Thread