Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Lazy Engineers and Viable Excuses
From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch () muada com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:48:24 +0200

On dinsdag, aug 26, 2003, at 00:22 Europe/Amsterdam, Danny McPherson wrote:

If folks want to filter, please, please, PLEASE, employ IRR
infrastructure and filter customers *AND* peers explicitly.
If your vendors have issues with this, push them to fix it.
Then you don't have to worry about bogons, max-prefixes,
route hijacking, de-aggregation, or...

Is it really that hard?

Well, I don't think it's particularly easy. Generating the filters isn't the hard part, but getting them inside routers has always been quite a challenge. But that should be better than it used to be now.

By the way, you don't mention filtering based on routing registry information in your book. (I do mention it in mine but don't explain how to do it as I have never done it myself.)

  By Date           By Thread