Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sobigf + BGP
From: Pete Kruckenberg <pete () kruckenberg com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:10:37 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 bdragon () gweep net wrote:

We have seen that many people *posting* do not have the best of intentions;
I can assure you that there are lurkers on Nanog (surprise, surprise) who
are not nearly as naive and well-intentioned as J. O. would hope. In fact,
I know that there are subscribers from various print media, various on-line
media, and certainly some stunningly unpleasant characters that I run into
on other lists.

And after being /.ed several times, there are
undoubtedly end-users, small enterprises, non-network
folks from networking companies, and assorted other
groups which don't fit the traditional network operator
mold. Oh, and sales people...

Case in point:
http://slashdot.org/articles/03/08/27/0214238.shtml?tid=111&tid=126
references http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/msg12818.html

For those few finding the NANOG archives for the first time
with this /. link, I'm sure they'll take some time to poke
around recent threads with interesting titles like
"Sobigf + BGP"

Pete.

  By Date           By Thread