Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fun new policy at AOL
From: Aaron Dewell <acd () woods net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 08:39:17 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Matthew Crocker wrote:
Shouldn't customers that purchase IP services from an ISP use the ISPs
mail server as a smart host for outbound mail?

Also depends on how much clue said ISP has.  I have a DSL-like connection
at home from a large LEC/ISP, but half the time their mail server either
doesn't respond or rejects me.  If I was more concerned, I would just set
up my own mail server here and be done with it.  As it is, I use ssh/pine.

But there's another good reason for customers to use their own mail server.

Aaron

  By Date           By Thread