Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fun new policy at AOL
From: Roland Perry <nanog () internetpolicyagency com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:02:38 -0400

In article <89081955-D962-11D7-A9DD-000A956885D4 () crocker com>, Matthew
Crocker <matthew () crocker com> writes
Shouldn't customers that purchase IP services from an ISP use the ISPs mail
server as a smart host for outbound mail?  We block outbound port 25
connections
on our dialup and DSL pool.

[snip]

there is no reason why a dialup user should be sending mail
directly to AOL, or any mail server for that matter (besides their host ISP)

Dial-up, I agree. DSL is a slightly different story. And I'm as much
against Spam as anyone.
--
Roland Perry

  By Date           By Thread