Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Dealing with infected users (Re: ICMP traffic increasing on most backbones Re: GLBX ICMP rate limiting
From: Omachonu Ogali <nanog () missnglnk com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:11:01 -0400

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 03:09:22PM -0700, Vadim Antonov wrote:
It should be pointed put that the ISPs have their share of blame for the
quick-spreading worms, beause they neglected very simple precautions --
such as giving cutomers pre-configured routers or DSL/cable modems with
firewalls disabled by default (instead of the standard "end-user, let only
outgoing connections thru" configuration), and providing insufficient
information to end-users on configuring these firewalls.

Yes, fingerpointing fixes everything. I remember a quote my music
teacher used to tell the class, "for every one finger you point at
someone else, four fingers are pointing back at you".

  By Date           By Thread