Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Server Redundancy
From: Gerald <gcoon () inch com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:36:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Allan Liska wrote:

Two things to keep in mind: VRRP is not a load balancing solution, it is a
failover solution

You are very correct sir. :-) The load balancing part from the same
project is:

http://www.bsdshell.net/hut_loadd.html

and (AFAIK) VRRP only operates within-network.

I haven't seen anything that said one way or another on this part. I think
we would have to know more about the network that is considering deploying
this to know if the IP addressing could be re-routed to the backup
interface that comes up in the event of a failure.

  By Date           By Thread