Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: Server Redundancy
From: Gerald <gcoon () inch com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 15:00:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Austad, Jay wrote:

If they did that, how would they sell the CSS hardware?  :)

That was our concern. Cisco already had hardware to do as good or better
than what ArrowPoint was doing. They would suck in the intellectual
property, discontinue the CSS line, and roll out a software update to the
Catalyst that would do all of the same things the ArrowPoints would.

Our 1100's SPOF was the single IDE drive that powered the whole thing.
Their answer to that observation was: buy 2 1100's. (...which we did.)

  By Date           By Thread