Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: AOL breaking dns spoof protection
From: "Petri Helenius" <pete () he iki fi>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:22:41 +0300

I´m constantly seeing responses to queries for AOL servers which come
in from different IP addresses than the query was sent to.

Pete

anyone here having problems resolving americaonline.aol.com with spoof
protection enabled on their dns servers? It appears AOL via a series of
cnames is specifying a non-authoritive dns server as authoritive for
internet.aol.com which is where the first url is cnamed.

I need a dns expert to untangle this one so I can explain it to the aol
tech. Can anyone help?

Geo.

  By Date           By Thread