Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: maybe this should be on sec focus but.
From: "Bob German" <bobgerman () irides com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:38:51 -0400

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.mimail.a () mm
html

Bob German, CISSP, CCNA, MCSE
Sr Systems Engineer
Irides, LLC

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog () merit edu [mailto:owner-nanog () merit edu] On Behalf Of
Scott Granados
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 2:29 PM
To: Drew Weaver
Cc: 'nanog () merit edu'
Subject: Re: maybe this should be on sec focus but.

I've captured this guy here actually directed at me.

<thank goodness for pine:)>

It appears to attach itself as message.zip not sure if it attaches using
other names.

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Drew Weaver wrote:

            I have had like 4 users call and tell me that they're
receiving email from admin () ourdomainname with a unidentified
attachment, possibly a worm that exploits the new Microsoft
vulnerability last week, all 4 of these people reported that their
updated this morning antivirus software missed it.

FYI.

  By Date           By Thread