Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: RPC errors
From: william () elan net
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:05:36 -0700 (PDT)

The following came through dshield which warns about new worm:
---
To: dshieldannounce () dshield org
Subject: [Dshieldannounce] likely RPC worm captured. Moving to infocon 'yellow'

We received a copy of a binary that very much looks
like an RPC worm. Preliminary info:

- scans for port 135 as soon as it starts
  point)

more details will be posted at http://isc.sans.org as
they become available. Please submit code captures
and the like to 'handlers () sans org'

--
SANS - Internet Storm Center
http://isc.sans.org