Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: East Coast outage?
From: Joe Abley <jabley () isc org>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:16:57 -0400

On Friday, 15 August 2003, at 15:34PM, Rich Casto wrote:

I wonder how much of the understanding and "100 years experience" of
building power distribution networks is based on the fact that
affordable, distributed, small-scale power generation is not possible,
mandating large-scale, centralised generation and correspondingly
complicated transmission. Perhaps the power generation problem needs
the attention of a fresh set of eyes.

You wrote "fact" when you should have written "assumption".

It was a fact at some point. That it's not a fact any more is exactly my point.

Joe

  By Date           By Thread