Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: Microsoft to ship new versions with firewall enabled
From: "St. Clair, James" <JStClair () vredenburg com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:43:13 -0400

Hmm...I didn't even know XP had a built-in firewall.  Any bets on how
long it is before other companies with software firewall products bring
suit against Microsoft for bundling a firewall in the OS?
--

No clue, but I can tell you how long it will last before ISP helpdesks
disable the firewall.

XP pro has been shipping with a F/W for a year now, I'd say? no suits yet.
In fact, I read some review (CNET, etc) that said the XP F/W in conjunction
with Zone Labs ZoneAlarm was very effective, given the test parameters.

I have ran mine since day 1, with both DSL and dial-up. All systems go.

Jim

  By Date           By Thread