Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: North America not interested in IP V6
From: alex () yuriev com
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 16:22:57 -0400 (EDT)

[E.B. Dreger writes]
Assign unchanging IP address based on MAC address.  Done/done.

* alex () yuriev com (alex () yuriev com) [Sat 02 Aug 2003, 20:28 CEST]:
And quadrupple your techsupport costs? Thanks, but no thanks.

For always assigning the same IP address to a customer?  Why would this
increase support costs?

customer: "I keep getting the same IP address if I click on release/renew!"
support: "Yes, that's how it's supposed to work with our systems."
customer: "Oh, ok *click*"

"My internet no longer works."
"Did you blah?"
"I do not know"
"Did you blah blah?"
"I do not know"
"Did you blah blah blah"
"Dont you understand? It just does not work. I am going to Verizon. I am
canceling my account"

Alex

  By Date           By Thread