Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Virus emails from nanog mail list
From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:00:49 -0400

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:42:49 EDT, David Diaz <techlist () smoton net>  said:

Obviously some bot has gone threw the nanog list and is now forging
headers such that they appear to come from those addresses, and they
are attaching viruses.

More likely, some poor lurker at the IP address listed has gotten hit with
one of the *MANY* worms that forge the From: field, and it's happily
forging in the name of all the most common NANOG posters.

My guess is it's w32-SoBig.F.  But only because it's today, and that one
seems to be busy today.  Ask me next week, it'll be another one. ;)

  By Date           By Thread