Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: some wide-scale airline reservations issue
From: Sean Butler <sean () 2sparrows org>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:31:46 -0400

At 04:01 PM 8/19/2003, Mike Tancsa wrote:
sobig.f is REALLY making the rounds. I think its been effective as it plays on the public awareness of "some security hole" and "needed fixes from Microsoft." As the worm says, "Hi, I am from Microsoft, you need this patch" a greater than normal amount of people are suspending their judgement and clicking on it.

Hmm, the ones I have seen only say "See the attached file for details," nothing about MSFT.

/Sean

  By Date           By Thread