Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Email virus protection
From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:49:01 -0500

John Palmer wrote:
Hey - they aren't supposed to be using their work e-mail for stuff
other than work - especially in a banking environment. I would be unhappy if my bank did not exclude executables from outside e-mail.

That's what the net admin was telling me when I mentioned one of his branch bank offices had Sobig-F. Apparently they all run A/V and I think he said his mail server does as well. Unfortunately, they still allow executables in.

I won't be using that bank.

-Jack

  By Date           By Thread