Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Email virus protection
From: "Stephen J. Wilcox" <steve () telecomplete co uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:57:11 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Christopher J. Wolff wrote:

Hello,

What is the most common method for providing virus protection for your
hosted email customers?  Thank you in advance.

None, we only protect those customers who additionally pay for our antivirus
services.

These services comprise of systems which decode the mime, unzip, untar, unarc
(etc) and then run any files thro commercial virus checker engines which are
updated automatically daily or manually in the case of a new emerging threat
that cant wait.

We dont filter by file type.. people do send exe's legitimately!

Steve

  By Date           By Thread