Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: email virus ==> over the top
From: Mike Tancsa <mike () sentex net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:53:24 -0400

Probably not. The virus grabs a From address at random from the infected person's email in box. So its more likely someone who has got mail FROM those people rather than those people. See
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100561.htm

To quote,
"The "From:" address may be spoofed with an address extracted from the victim machine."

        ---Mike