Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: VoIP QOS best practices
From: "Stephen Sprunk" <stephen () sprunk org>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:28:49 -0600

Thus spake "Bill Woodcock" <woody () pch net>
QoS is completely unnecessary for VoIP.  Doesn't appear to make a
bit of difference.  Any relationship between the two is just FUD from
people who've never used VoIP.

To paraphrase Randy, I encourage all of my competitors to think like this.

Iff you operate a network with enough excess capacity to keep jitter and
packet loss within acceptable limits, you do not need QOS.  Most real
networks are far from that ideal, however.

  By Date           By Thread