mailing list archives
There is a system developed and adopted by many ISPs to do this
with minumum effort, and almost automated, involving dedicated
switches and servers.
A users packets are not logged until the warrant arrives, so
they cannot say "give us all traffic that user bob sent last
LOGS (6 months archive required)
- mail header logs (all mails, in, out, relay)
- pop3/imap/webmail access logs (all accounts)
- dhcp/dial/adsl/gprs/whatever accounting logs (all users)
- mail interception (IN,OUT,RELAY) for a certain From/To=20
address or a
the mail has to be encrypted with PGP and sent directly to the Law
enforcement as a mail attachement.
Thank you for taking 2 minutes to answer to nanog or privatly, this is
- [no subject] Unknown (Oct 15)