Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Lawful Interception in the world...
From: Joe Dauncey <secdistlist () dauncey net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:42:34 +0000

At 13:34 11/02/2003, Pascal Gloor wrote:

I'm trying to collect some informations on Lawfull Interception over the
world...
Does any country in the world require such things ?
Pascal,

** I am not a lawyer and my opinions are my own **

There is some major work going on around the world in multiple legal constituencies on this issue.

In Europe there is currently some work underway by ETSI http://www.etsi.org/ to define a common technical infrastructure and standard for lawful interception. The idea is that ISP's then have a common requirement for implementing technical solutions. I believe the numbers are EG 201 781, ES 201 158 and ES 201 671.

The Dutch government has moved ahead of this standard and has implemented TIIT http://www.nlip.nl/nl/nao/aftappen/main/docs.html , which is currently on 0.2.0

Mostly the standards relate to implementing a technical solution within an ISP to capture packets and pass them to the relevant legal authority.

I hope this helps?

Joe

  By Date           By Thread