Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Voice over IP - performance
From: "Charles Youse" <cyouse () register com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:46:04 -0500

Does anyone have any real-world figures for VoIP performance on various platforms?  In other words, how many calls can
an otherwise unused e.g., Cisco 2600 be expected to handle if it's the conversion point from trunked voice calls to IP.
 Some rough numbers for different codecs on different hardware would be very useful.  Most specifically I'm interested
in Cisco router platforms but other vendor stats would be appreciated as well.

Off-list replies please; if anyone is interested in the results I will condense the responses and post back to the list.

Thanks,
C.

  By Date           By Thread