Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: ebgp-multihop
From: Steve Carter <scarter () pobox com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:45:37 -0700

* Tim Rand <randt () ohsu edu> [030227 16:39]:
Hi -
I have searched the archives but have not found an answer to my question
- is there any danger in using excessively high TTL values with
ebgp-multihop?  For example, neighbor x.x.x.x ebgp-multihop 255 - 255 is
generally much higher than needed, but is there any risk/danger ??
Thanks in advance.  - Tim

There is a potential for blackholing traffic should you be dual (or multi)
homed and if the ebgp-multihop session were able to re-establish over
another path.  Better to keep it close to what you'd expect your maximum
number of hops to be to reduce the potential for undesirable modes.

-Steve

  By Date           By Thread