Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Security Requirements Intnernet Draft (a request for comments)
From: "George M. Jones" <gmjones () mitre org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:26:14 -0400

I've published an Internet Draft on "Security Requirements for Devices Implementing IP".
You can view it at:

 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jones-opsec-00.txt

This is an outgrowth of a document used by UUNET (my former employer)
to sanity check/security qualify equipment for connection to the backbone.

The point of publishing the document is to start discussion. There is a mailing
list set up:   opsec () ops ietf org    Subscribe by sending a message to
"majordomo () ops ietf org" with "subscribe opsec" in the body.

The point of the document is to create a useful list that network operators
can use to communicate their securtiy requirements to vendors.

Please have a look and comment.

Thanks,
---George Jones

  By Date           By Thread