Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6
From: bmanning () karoshi com
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 07:54:01 -0700 (PDT)

Andy Dills wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks IPv6 is a minimum of ten years out
before you see actual non-geek demand?

It will probably happen before that.  The Japanese government
requirement that all businesses be fully ipv6 compliant before 2005 is
certainly going to have a major impact on vendor ipv6 implementations,
from the core to the desktop  So while you may not get 30Mpps on your
backbone router, you're probably not going to be stuck with a white
elephant rate-limited to 200Kpps either.  One day, you may even be able
to run an ipv6-only desktop from vendor M, who knows?
Nick

        I saw a DISA memo yesterday that mandates IPv6 compliance
        by 2008.

--bill

  By Date           By Thread