Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6
From: "Petri Helenius" <pete () he iki fi>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:08:06 +0300

7200 VXR does not by default have any dedicated packet switching
hardware. If you are daring enough, you might buy NSE-1 (unless they
EOLed it already) to get first generation PXF hardware which is
a more or less mission specific CPU matrix/pipeline thingy.

More robust and reliable generations of the PXF have since appeared
in later models of the hardware. However, your mileage may still vary.

Pete

I was actually referring to the ASIC issue only.  The VXR's are not
traditional ASIC based....the ASIC (I think they actually call the
device something else) code is loaded on the fly from the IOS and
configuration.

Daryl G. Jurbala
Introspect.net Consulting
Tel: +1 215 825 8401