Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Mobile code security (was Re: rr style scanning of non-customers)
From: Matt Hess <mhess () solarius org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 01:56:44 -0600

why can't multibillion dollar companies figure that out? it does mystify
me :)

The only lame excuses I can come up with are possibly:
laziness, stupidity, ignorance, complacency, fear of non-compliance (but I think that's a stretch) and perhaps the raccoon mentality of 'it's new and shiny - I MUST have it'.

Beyond that I have no idea why groups continue to use a Microsoft Virus Run-Time Environment or even see the excuses above as legitimate justification.

  By Date           By Thread