Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: IRR/RADB and BGP
From: "Ejay Hire" <ejay.hire () isdn net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:49:00 -0500

Negative.

-Ejay

-----Original Message-----
From: Deepak Jain [mailto:deepak () ai net]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 11:43 PM
To: Kevin Oberman; Vandy Hamidi
Cc: nanog () merit edu
Subject: RE: IRR/RADB and BGP

I strongly approve of such requirement. I know that it is in the peering
agreements of several carriers, but they often don't check or enforce
this. Many register customer routes and ASes. If routes and policies
were properly registered, securing the Internet would be a lot closer
to being possible.

Is it safe to assume (now) that all the routes one would care to listen to
(under normal circumstances)
are registered in an IRR now? I remember there used to be well-known issues
with some networks, especially internationally.

Deepak Jain
AiNET

  By Date           By Thread