Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: Country of Origin for Malicious Attacks
From: "McBurnett, Jim" <jmcburnett () msmgmt com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:06:21 -0400

Sean,
of the scans I get and have seen..
60% APNIC region
        Most noteably- Taiwan, China, and Korea (north)
20% RIPE
        Most noteable- Former Soviet Block nations then
                Scandanavian countries...
20% ARIN/LACNIC

This is a rough estimate from the last 3 weeks...

I guess you may be after this kind of fact:
When I blocked HINET
(Taiwan based-- has a single /16 to my knowledge)
I cut scans/probes by 20%....

Later,
Jim