Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: AS1880 - AS1883 - What are they?
From: Hank Nussbacher <hank () att net il>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 17:23:14 +0300 (IDT)

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, William Allen Simpson wrote:

I guess I now begin to understand why the IETF has to push ASNs to 32
bits.  It's all one big technical joke.

-Hank

Jeffrey Meltzer wrote:

Appears to be Peter Lothberg, I guess it is legit..

Ha!Knowing him, more likely to be a joke than legit!

http://www.stupi.se

How about next time we do a quick lookup, and maybe try and contact the
listed contact before wasting everyones time?

Maybe that's good advice in general, but this was a nice humorous
anecdote that brought back fond memories....I remember his high
bandwidth link -- to the bathroom (T3? OC3?).

There's an old tradition of interesting names for our networks, long
lost in the commercialization of the Internet.Mine were fairly
prosaic dream.net (192.138.173.0) and dreamer.net (192.138.226.0) --
names stolen years ago by domain hijackers (I still announce the
address blocks from time to time).Of course, there were those that
castigated me for having a couple of "valuable" class C's -- in my
living room....

--
William Allen Simpson

  By Date           By Thread