Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: National Do Not Call Registry has opened
From: "Nick Nelson" <nick () lunarpages com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:56:47 -0400

On 27 Jun 2003 at 14:52, Charles Sprickman wrote:

And you can bet that this "project" cost at least six figures, maybe
seven.  As a taxpayer, I was quite disappointed to see IIS and Microsoft
SMTPSVC gluing this pile together.  When I went in and registered last
night, I was surprised to see that it was so simple.  There seemed to be
no protection against a bot coming in and mailbombing someone to death.
What a sad state this business is in.

 was thinking more along the line of a bot submitting every possible
10 digit phone number. Do the nation a favor.

cheers,
nick
--
Nick Nelson                    //   USA: 1-877-Lunarpages
nick () lunarpages com    //    UK: 0800 0729150

  By Date           By Thread