mailing list archives
DNS announcement question
From: "Jim Popovitch" <jimpop () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:08:36 -0400
I have a question about the way DNS records are announced/handled. Thank
you in advance for any insight into this, and I hope this isn't too far off
topic for discussion here.
- I have a domain whose MX and DNS is handled by registrar ABC
and I am moving that domain to registrar XYZ.
- I have verified (via dig) the proper config on the new registrar.
- This has nothing to do with donotcall.gov ;)
1) How does one registrar 'win out' over a second registrar when
updating root servers?
2) How can I verify that the domain will be properly 'announced'
to the root servers by the new registrar?
- DNS announcement question Jim Popovitch (Jun 28)