Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Google = Spam Source (was RE: Gmail weirdness?)
From: Joe Abley <jabley () isc org>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:59:22 -0800

On 10-Feb-2006, at 13:43, Mark Foster wrote:

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Gary Wardell wrote:

I've seen one or two blogs that suggest gmail has a potential as a source for anonymous SPAM and other abuses.

One said he blocks all gmail.

I'd be interested as to what others think.

Well after I posted to NANOG about gmail I found myself randomly added to a 'Google Group' about hacking...

You are not alone. And since I was subscribed twice (each from different addresses) I suspect this is not the only list that has been scraped for subscriber addresses.

Joe

  By Date           By Thread