mailing list archives
RE: Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact?
From: "Ivan Groenewald" <ivang () xtrahost co uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 06:04:57 -0000
It's impossible to contact some of these companies; emails sent to role
contacts just go unanswered. I had lots of problems trying to contact one of
the above mentioned ones (about peering) recently. All contact numbers
divert into a telephone drone repeating "we do not have technical support at
this time". Contact with humans is strictly forbidden.
I suppose your hope-of-last-resort is that someone from $Giant_corp sees you
posting on Nanog and replies.
At the end of the day this is never going to stop. It's much easier posting
to Nanog than spending 4 hours on the phone trying to locate someone with a
clue in one of these big companies.
From: owner-nanog () merit edu [mailto:owner-nanog () merit edu] On Behalf Of
Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Sent: 03 February 2006 03:40
To: Gadi Evron
Cc: n3td3v; nanog () merit edu
Subject: Re: Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact?
On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 01:43:17 +0200, Gadi Evron said:
I recommend you guys setup a "Don't have a contact for" list instead
of this bullshit we're experiencing on NANOG month in month out, jeez.
You got kicked from the one list no one gets kicked of, Full-Disclosure,
and came to NANOG to kill all conversation?
On the other hand, he *does* have a valid point. Why *do* we keep seeing
queries for the same networks?
- Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact? n3td3v (Feb 02)
- Re: Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact? Gadi Evron (Feb 02)
- Re: Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact? Valdis . Kletnieks (Feb 03)
- RE: Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact? Ivan Groenewald (Feb 03)
- RE: Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact? Christopher L. Morrow (Feb 03)
- RE: Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact? Frank Bulk (Feb 03)
- Re: Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact? Richard A Steenbergen (Feb 03)
- Anyone heard of INOC-DBA? Sean Donelan (Feb 03)
- Re: Anyone heard of INOC-DBA? Aaron Glenn (Feb 03)
- Re: Anyone heard of INOC-DBA? Patrick W. Gilmore (Feb 03)