Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: Fed Bill Would Restrict Web Server Logs
From: "David Hubbard" <dhubbard () dino hostasaurus com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:16:58 -0500

From: Andy Davidson

Speaking with my e-commerce vendor hat on, server logs (apache, mail,
application audit logs) and other information about visitors
(especially those who have conducted a purchase transaction with
us, or signed up to our newsletter) never stop having a business
purpose - it's called referential integrity.

We want to use them to track the behaviour fraudulent users
for example.

Anyone who runs mailing lists has to keep that info to be
able to prove how and when someone opted in.

David

  By Date           By Thread