Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: IRS goes IPv6!
From: "Andrew Dul" <andrew.dul () quark net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:00:31 +0000

 -------Original Message-------
 From: Christopher L. Morrow <christopher.morrow () verizonbusiness com>
 Subject: Re: IRS goes IPv6!
 Sent: 14 Feb '06 08:31

 On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Jeroen Massar wrote:

 > I Ar Es,
 >
 > At least they have received the 2610:30::/32 allocation from ARIN.
 > Lets see if they how taxing they find IPv6 ;)

 so.. this is surprising why? the us-gov mandate for ipv6 uptake will mean
 lots of us-gov folks will be spinning up justifications that they are a
 'service provider' and need a /32... cause they won't accept PA space (or
 I don't think they will accept PA space as a long term solution) ...

So isn't this yet another reason why we need a rational PI policy, so organizations don't have make up reasons why they
are LIRs.

  By Date           By Thread