mailing list archives
Re: Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact?
From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:32:33 -0500
On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 06:04:57 GMT, Ivan Groenewald said:
At the end of the day this is never going to stop. It's much easier posting
to Nanog than spending 4 hours on the phone trying to locate someone with a
clue in one of these big companies.
All it would take is for http://puck.nether.net to carry either the correct
contact info once it's been discovered, so it doesn't have to be rediscovered
over and over, or a "Don't bother" entry(*) so people don't have to re-discover
that there's no way to get there from here.
There's also the deeper question: Why do we let the situation persist? Why do
we tolerate the continued problems from unreachable companies? (And yes, this *is*
an operational issue - what did that 4 hours on the phone cost your company's
bottom line in wasted time?)
(*) And yes, I'm *FULLY* aware of at least the top 17 reasons why That Just
Won't Work, so don't bother posting a reply unless you've got a particularly
interesting number 18 - the *point* is that *IF* the info was listed, it would
help solve the problem of wasting time trying to reach these companies.
- Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact? n3td3v (Feb 02)
- Re: Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact? Gadi Evron (Feb 02)
- Re: Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact? Valdis . Kletnieks (Feb 03)
- RE: Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact? Ivan Groenewald (Feb 03)
- RE: Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact? Christopher L. Morrow (Feb 03)
- RE: Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact? Frank Bulk (Feb 03)
- Re: Yahoo, Google, Microsoft contact? Richard A Steenbergen (Feb 03)
- Anyone heard of INOC-DBA? Sean Donelan (Feb 03)
- Re: Anyone heard of INOC-DBA? Aaron Glenn (Feb 03)
- Re: Anyone heard of INOC-DBA? Patrick W. Gilmore (Feb 03)
- Re: Anyone heard of INOC-DBA? Wayne E. Bouchard (Feb 03)