Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fed Bill Would Restrict Web Server Logs
From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 19:11:01 -0800

Original posting from Declan McCullagh's PoliTech mailing list. Thought
NANOGers would be interested since, if this bill passes, it would impact
almost all of us. Just imagine the impact on security of not being able
to login IP address and referring page of all web server connections!

Seems to me that security would be a "legitimate business purpose" for
keeping
the information around.

Owen

--