Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Quarantine your infected users spreading malware
From: "Jason Frisvold" <xenophage0 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:26:03 -0500

On 2/21/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
Oddly enough, AOL and several other large providers seem to have no problems
advertising some variant on 'free A/V software'.

Key words there.. "Large Provider" ..  I don't think A/V companies
have any interest whatsoever in smaller providers..  Just not a big
enough customer base I guess...

It would be nice to see an A/V provider willing to take that first
step and offer something like this to providers, regardless of size.
No packaging needed, so there's a cost savings there for the vendor.

I'm not familiar with how this works in AOL land..  Does the end-user
need to subscribe to anything other than AOL?  ie, are there any
"hidden" fees?

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
XenoPhage0 () gmail com