Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

AOL Megaproxies?
From: Nathan March <nathan () dragonmedia ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:58:59 -0800

Is anyone on this list familiar with the AOL "megaproxies"?

I'm trying to find out if they only proxy HTTP/HTTPS traffic or if it's all TCP connections. I'm working on setting up load balancers for a client application and need to know if I can expect users to keep coming from the same IP for the most part.

Normally I'd think that they only proxy web connections, but some links say otherwise:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/contnetw/ps792/products_qanda_item09186a00801aa6d1.shtml#q9 - Refers to TCP connections as a general topic, not just http/s.

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/Library/bf3a1c95-f960-4ed3-b154-3586631fb0061033.mspx
- Refers to the AOL proxies with "all TCP connections"

Anyone have any experience with AOL in this regard?

Thanks,
Nathan

  By Date           By Thread