Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: NetFlow tools?
From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 23:59:28 -0500

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 19:59:06 PST, Wil Schultz said:
I'm planning to set up NetFlow in my environment within the next few
weeks, so far two suites that look promising to me are "flow-tools" and
"SiLK". Anyone have any input on which would be better to use (or maybe
some other product)?

This would be a lot easier to answer if you explained how big a site you
are, and what your goals are - what do you want netflow data to do for you?

It's hard to say which tool is better, when we don't know if we're dealing
with a nail or a nut-and-bolt....

  By Date           By Thread