Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: AW: Odd policy question.
From: Florian Weimer <fw () deneb enyo de>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 10:51:24 +0100

* Jeffrey I. Schiller:

Let me attempt to bring this back to the policy question.

Does someone have the *right* to put one of your IP addresses as an NS
record for their domain even if you do not agree?

I don't think it's allowed (and it shouldn't be), but without a
cluestick from legal, you won't find anyone who will force the
offender to fix it.

If this were okay, certainly you wouldn't have objected to someone
pointing the A RR of kimble.org to your company web servers, back when
Blaster.E was at its height, would you? 8-)

  By Date           By Thread