Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: DOS attack against DNS?
From: Mark Andrews <Mark_Andrews () isc org>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:33:33 +1100 (EST)

In article <43C9EF72.50803 () garlic com> you write:

I just started seeing thousands of DNS queries that look like some sort
of DOS attack.  One log entry is below with the IP obscured.

client xx.xx.xx.xx#6704: query: z.tn.co.za ANY ANY +E

When you look at z.tn.co.za you see a huge TXT record.

Is anyone else seeing this attack or am I the lucky one?  Is this a
known attack?

Roy

        You are being used as a DoS amplifier.  The queries will be
        spoofed.  Someone needs to learn about BCP 38.

        Mark

  By Date           By Thread